A message from John Willox, Group Chief Executive Officer
To all our clients,
Our colleagues at EDM are doing a fantastic job of adapting to the most recent guidelines and best practice in these unprecedented times. Our first priority is to look after the health and wellbeing of all team members wherever they are located and for as long as it takes.
As a result of the tremendous dedication of our team members, EDM will continue to deliver across all service lines and with a special emphasis on our medical related work. We will remain agile and flexible as the situation develops and keep customers informed through direct contact and our website.
We wish everyone well through these challenging times.
John Willox, EDM Group CEO
Customer update: 22nd June 2020
EDM continues to operate steadily across all business areas, delivering our services on a reasonable endeavours basis. We ask you to bear with us as we continue to process our work with enhanced health and safety measures in place. We are doing all we can to minimise the effects of social distancing and staff absences on our response and delivery times.
Over the past few months our teams have rapidly delivered solutions to help customers adapt to the Covid-19 situation. This includes the successful implementation of multiple high volume, emergency digital mailrooms, to support home working policies. Also our new Scan-It service has digitised documents with a swift turnaround enabling customers to access their information remotely. We recently announced that we were selected by a NHS trust to digitise patient records to support the running of their virtual outpatient clinics and their efforts to reduce the spread of Covid-19 infection. This particular project is involving the digitisation of tens of thousands of records over the next few months.
Thank you for your continued support.
If you have any concerns, please speak with our customer services team or your account manager.
Customer update: 23rd April 2020
Our top priority remains the health and wellbeing of our staff. We are pleased to confirm that we do not currently have any confirmed cases of Covid-19.
We are still running a full service, thanks to the dedication and committment of our staff.
Thank you once again for your continued support in these difficult times. Stay safe.
Customer update: 3rd April 2020
I hope you and your colleagues are safe and well.
Last week, my update focused on understanding which of our clients have Key Worker status so that we can factor that into our planning, if needed. Thank you to those that responded. We now have a much clearer view of our Key Worker status, which is important for our delivery team in helping them understand the context of the work they are doing.
Our number one priority remains the health and wellbeing of our staff. We are pleased to say that, we do not currently have any confirmed cases of Covid-19. We are very proud of our on-site teams who are showing great commitment and team spirit to provide a normal service under very difficult circumstances.
Please contact us if you have any concerns or questions. EDM will let you know if there is any significant change to our service and in the meantime, you can find updates here and on our Service Status page accessible above.
Thank you for your continued support in these difficult times.
Customer update: 30th March 2020
Since our last communication on 20th March, we have continued to provide a normal service, following all Government Guidelines regarding home working for those able to do so and as well as measures appropriate for those working on-site. We will aim to provide a full service as long as we are able to protect the health and well-being of our staff. You can continue to monitor our service status through the button at the top of this page.
As input to our Business Continuity Planning, we are asking all UK EDM customers to confirm whether they have been given Key Worker Status in the event that the UK Government limits working on-site to Key Workers only. Please respond to email@example.com by end of day 31st March 2020 to confirm your status if you have not already contacted us.
As always, if you have any concerns, please contact your Account Manager or Customer Services representative.
Customer update: 20th March 2020
Following our initial communication on 13th March 2020, we are writing to update you on the action EDM is taking to respond to the Coronavirus situation. We recognise that this is a very difficult time for many people as they worry about their health and futures, and we hope that you and your families are coping as best as possible in what are very difficult circumstances for us all.
Since last week’s update, the National situation has escalated significantly, and so we have taken a number of further actions to ensure we look after our staff and continue to provide our clients with the services required;
- We are following all government guidelines
- Business Continuity plans are in place
- All staff are working from home that can be
- Services continue to operate as normal and a full service is available in most areas
We are also aware that the virus has required a number of organisations to work differently, which has led to enquiries from some clients about how we might help provide their staff with access to documents while working at home. We have therefore provided additional information in this communication on how we can help in these circumstances.
Customer update: 13th March 2020
As part of our business continuity planning processes, EDM has initiated a Covid-19 plan to address the risks associated with Coronavirus (COVID-19). In order to manage this situation, we have:
- Established an Executive Steering Group to assume control of EDM’s approach to managing the Covid-19 event.
- Provided initial briefings to all colleagues based on medical and government advice outlining what Covid-19 is, what plans we have in place, what action is need and the controls we have implemented
- Updated all policies relevant to the spread of Covid-19 including visitor, mobile working, travel
- Issued specific instructions to implement the guidance from authoritative bodies such as the WHO, CDC and PHE.
- Completed a Covid-19 risk assessment to identify areas of focus in the event of escalation to reduce the impact on our colleagues and clients.
- Invoked our Pre-Emergency Planning process which includes Covid-19 specific actions and contingencies to prevent, reduce or control the risks identified and prevent service disruption including: working with critical suppliers; communicating with our clients proactively to inform them of a possible reduction or disruption to normal service; identifying contingency plans; cross-skilling people to fill potential gaps in resourcing and allowing for remote working
- Established a list of priority suppliers to ensure an uncompromised service or product deliveries to minimize any impact on our ability to provide continuity of service for our clients
- Adopted an approach that ensures the provision of good personal hygiene within our facilities including increased and focused cleaning, provision of sanitizer, instructions on social distancing, meeting protocols and hand contact to reduce the likelihood of infection spreading
EDM continue to monitor the relevant authoritative bodies such as the WHO, CDC, PHE, NHS etc. daily and adapting our risk policies and plans as necessary. Risk assessments and scenario planning are reviewed based on the developments ongoing that include prevention, reduction and control efforts, and scenario planning should a disruption occur.